Skip to main content

Filing Reports for LOCAL Filers
Campaign Finance

Filing a Report

Local filers who must file with a Local Authority include those running for and/or holding an office that may include county offices (county commissioner, tax assessor/collector, constable, justice of the peace, sheriff, etc.), city offices (mayor, council member, secretary, etc.), or political subdivision offices (school board, community college trustee, municipal utility district, water district, etc.), and all Specific-Purpose PACs that support or oppose any of these candidate/officeholders or that support or oppose a measure in a local election.

Few local filing authorities have electronic report generating tools. You may choose to use the TEC filing application or use the paper forms to generate your report. Both methods are explained by selecting the proper filer group on the left hand side of the page for more specific information.